Grown in the lush green forest-farms in Idukki, Kerala.
Processed in Bourbon Technique.
Enjoy the Flavour and Goodness of Aromatic Beans.
Kerala Vanilla Bean Pods
Kerala Vanilla Beans Pods. One of world's most popular and expensive spice & flavouring agent.
Sourced from Reginald in Idukki, Kerala. Grown in natural farming.
Processed in Bourbon technique. Quality Monitored.
The effort that goes into the processing of vanilla beans and the time it takes, makes it worth every penny -
* 15 days in box seating and sunshine alternatively
* 45 days in racks
* 60 days in resting
* Sun in day and cool at night is the ideal climate.
* Moisture should be less in the climate. - Moisture level of every vanilla bean should be less than 13-20%
* If the climate is not conducive, they take the vanilla for processing to Body, Tamilnadu or Coorg, Karnataka.
* After the green beans are bought they are immediately taken for processing in the processing plant, which is covered in a black water proof sheet. First the green beans are washed and immediately put in hot water upto 70 degrees for a few minutes, They are removed and then dried with white thin muslin cloth and then left to shade dry for a few hours.
Used for its calming aroma and delightful taste in exotic drinks, shakes, bakes, ice-creams, desserts, mithais, custard; cosmetics, aromatics & Pharma.
1. Make Vanilla Bean Paste - Combination of Vanilla extract, ground vanilla beans and Khandsari syrup. 1tsp paste is equivalent to 1 bean.
2. Vanilla Extract - Chopped vanilla beans in water and alcohol. Macerate.
3. Alcohol-free Vanilla Extract - Soak in water or sugar water.
4. Recipies with Vanilla beans: Boil with sugar and water, make a vanilla dacquiri using a small quantity of rum, Khandsari syrup, fresh lime juice and vanilla seeds.
Scrape the seeds/beans into a butter sauce and add to any fruit puree. Adds wonderful flavour to any dish.
5. Vanilla Sugar - Cut the bean pod in half, length ways. Scoop out the inside. Store separately for other recipes. Take some leftover pods in an airtight glass jar. Fill the rest of the jar with Khandsari Sugar. Store. This is Vanilla Sugar.
6. Baker's Extract - Vanilla Extract mixed with natural flavours like chocolate, caramel etc.
Natural vanilla beans are rich in natural vanillin, beneficial to health as antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, anti-cancer, brain, & nerve health. Diabetic friendly. Helps reduce the need for added sugar in food and drinks.
Once packet is opened, store in glass jar or air tight plastic jar. Consume quickly or Refrigerate. Residue-free produce catches weevils easily. Composting produce is the best option if spoiled.